Thursday, April 7, 2011

A few Photos...














Pictures speak a thousand words right? So I am thankful I can save close to 5000 by showing you these photos from the past two weeks. They complement my previous blog entry.

To give you a brief description of each...

1. This was the view just across the street from our hostel in Lima at sunset. I never anticipated such a beautiful city.
2. Here is the Plaza de Barraco in Lima. Not a place I will forget, it´s too pretty.
3. Here is what motocars look like! They are so hard to describe becuase I have never seen anything like these before!
4. The Nanay (¨non-i¨) River. This is the view we have from the boardwalk we spend time at almost every day. Crazy right?!
5. This is how excited Rylie and I were when we finally saw the Nanay River for the first time. Unfortunately, we though it was the Amazon River but we later found out we were mistaken. At least it turns into the Amazon within a 40 minute boat ride.
6. Here is my afternoon lunch all for 3.50 soles ($1.50). A very typical meal for this region. This fried fish is a cousin of the piranha.
7. The Malecon Boulevard, where we have our beautiful view of the Nanay river. It´s bustling with locals and tourists every night.
8. My first grade class. They call me Miss Rachel (pronounced ¨meese rashel¨). It´s priceless. Just behind us is our open air classroom.
9. A common view from a motor car as we buzz down the street. People pass time together in front of their colorful homes stacked next to stores of all kinds. We are constantly exploring this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment